EIR of Government & Workforce Partnerships
About the Role
For some people, education is a job. For us, it’s our obsession. Masterschool is on a mission to build the world’s largest school by providing everyone the opportunity to create a rewarding career. We’re a global network of success-based schools led by industry leaders. Our immersive online training programs provide you the skills and training to build a career in tech. Masterschool programs consist of mentorship, professional guidance, a robust industry network, and no tuition until you're hired. We’ve raised a $100M seed round from leading venture funds and we’re just getting started.
We are hiring an EIR of Government & Workforce Partnerships to secure public funding for Masterschool training programs to benefit diverse learner communities across the United States. You will develop relationships with public departments at federal, state, and local levels, Workforce Development boards, and other initiatives supported by the US Department of Labor (DoL) and US Department of Education (DoE).
You will be responsible for developing and implementing Masterschool’s B2G partnerships strategy: identifying relevant public sector partners, crafting the narrative and value proposition, and securing large-scale grants. We are specifically looking for someone who has experience winning large grants for educational institutions, and has a founder mindset focusing on quickly driving 0 to 1 initiatives.
The ideal candidate thinks big, is biased towards action, and turns their ideas into tangible outcomes. Our hope is that you will grow B2G into one of the largest segments at Masterschool.
We’re also open to working with consultants or workforce agencies.
You will help build and scale Masterschool’s B2G function. To do this, you’ll be responsible for:
- Business Strategy - developing and executing a comprehensive B2G strategy which involves identifying the biggest opportunities at the federal, state, and local levels
- Relentless Execution - owning the grant budget, and leading the RFP process to secure large-scale grants to help more learners access career-ready education with Masterschool
- Diving Deep - defining and tracking key metrics and KPIs, and sharing progress with the company
- Inventing New Processes - building a ‘playbook’ to help establish new systems and scale the B2G team
Leaders at Masterschool operate at all levels, stay connected to the details, and are motivated to do whatever task - big or small - to deliver results.
We’re builders at heart and looking for someone who shares our entrepreneurial spirit.
You’ll be a good fit if you are a:
- Experienced partnerships leader - you have a successful track record of managing public sector business development through RFPs and grant proposals
- World-class executer - you have realized ambitious public sector sales goals through cross-functional, complex sales cycles
- Relationship-builder - you have a personal network at federal (DoL / DoE) and state level public sector agencies
- Mission-oriented person - you deeply care about using education to better people’s lives
- High energy, low-ego professional - you aspire to improve every day, and are open to feedback
If you are passionate about helping build a category-defining company in Education / Workforce Development, we encourage you to apply.