Web Academic Lead
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2023
We are a global network, where industry leaders build their schools - to help people start great careers. We are hiring a full-time Academic Lead for our Web Development schools to work closely with our students.We are looking for individuals who are sharp, conscientious, and collaborative. At Masterschool our values shape everything we do and we want people on our team that strive to make a positive change and believe that education is key.Our students put their trust in us to help them on their journey to become who they aspire to be, this is a huge responsibility and the foundation of our existence. You’ll need to want to be the best at what you do, and be prepared to keep standards high across everything your work requires. What You'll Do
- Prepare and lead live online sessions that introduce, enforce, and support curriculum subjects to students during the program. Share with students your hands-on experience as a web developer and help students understand what practical skills they need in the profession.
- Provide academic support in the form of live chat office hours as well as Q&A and Study Group sessions.
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the Academic Team to develop, improve and support the curriculum.
- Take academic ownership of the curriculum and progress of the entire cohort.
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the Academic Team to identify and address learning gaps.
- Provide and document curriculum feedback.
- Subject matter expert skill level.
- 3+ years experience in a Web Development role.
- Highly proficient and excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written.
- Outstanding facilitation skills to manage group processes and elicit student participation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Process-oriented with exceptional attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts and principles.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts is necessary.
- Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented.
- Experience in teaching and/or curriculum design is a big plus.