Senior Data Scientist
At Navan, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they go.
As part of our Data & Decision team, you will work closely with stakeholders throughout the organization ranging from our core travel product to next-level expense management and finance, to transform data into data products and actionable insights and tools. The ideal candidate will be inquisitive and will use their data skills and business mindset to make a difference every day. We are looking for people who can operate at a company that grows as fast as ours, by dealing with multiple moving pieces while still holding up quality, long-term thinking, and delivering value to our customers. We take great pride in our diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, and this is helping us to grow as a successful and impactful team.
What You’ll Do:
In partnership with business stakeholders, build and develop data science and machine learning products like recommenders, predictive models, customer and product segmentation, and more. Tasks include:
- Identify the business problem and translate them into successful data science implementations
- Estimate how much time a project will require for completion, what the bottlenecks are, and stay on track regarding deliverables and deadlines
- In partnership with Data Engineering, design and implement data flows to support and enable data products
- Build, evaluate, deploy, and monitor model(s) for the product
- Production support for ML models
- Build visualizations and insightful dashboards to support usage and understanding of your data products
- Implement controls in your products to ensure ongoing reliability and accuracy
- Conduct advanced univariate and multivariate analysis on large data sets to generate insights and recommendations in projects like NPS sentiment analysis, A/B testing, drivers analysis, and "best customer" attribute modeling
- Provide business expertise and guidance (consultative partnership) on how to apply DS products and insights within business operations and strategy
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in the area of data science
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science/Machine Learning tooling and Python (including scipy, numpy, pandas, sklearn, TensorFlow, etc.) both in dev and production environments. Deep understanding of algorithms (e.g., regression, gradient boosted trees, classification), and best practices (e.g. A/B testing, feature engineering, model selection)
- 3+ years of experience in using SQL to build and manage data sources for analysis
- Strong Python programming and data engineering skills
- Proven ability to design analytical solutions to complex business problems and partner with cross-functional peers to tailor those solutions for the most significant possible impact.
- Experienced in representing your findings and models via BI tools like Tableau
- Familiar with development best practices in building data science products via tools like git
- Versatility in communicating clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, balancing multiple projects and dealing with ambiguity.
- Working in the Travel and Leisure industry is a plus
- B.Sc or Masters in a quantitative field, e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Physics is a plus
The posted pay range represents the anticipated low and high end of the compensation for this position and is subject to change based on business need. To determine a successful candidate’s starting pay, we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location, an evaluation of the candidate’s skills and experience, market demands, and internal parity.
For roles with on-target-earnings (OTE), the pay range includes both base salary and target incentive compensation. Target incentive compensation for some roles may include a ramping draw period. Compensation is higher for those who exceed targets. Candidates may receive more information from the recruiter.