Lead Product Designer
Location: Palo Alto, CA (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer who can help provide business owners with an effortless and transparent way to get coverage online so they can get back quickly to what they are passionate about, their business. Applying for business insurance can be time consuming and even confusing and it can be a challenge to understand the right coverage that they need based on their business - so let’s take care of that for them.
Here at NEXT, one of our core values is to dare to simplify and our product design team lives and breathes simplicity in our work. We constantly look for ways to further simplify and push the boundaries. If you’re a designer with a big heart and are passionate about removing complexities and making things easier for hundreds of thousands of business owners to obtain insurance through good UX design, we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and own the product design roadmap for our customer funnel and sign up experience
- Partner with product managers, designers and engineers on product strategy to deliver a seamless & elegant user experience to our small business customers
- Create simple and playful designs that inject usability and delight into the user experience as we continue to push the boundaries of modern UX
- Conduct customer research and incorporate internal feedback to iterate on features utilizing a data driven approach
What We Need:
- Ideally 5-7+ years of product design experience and knowledge of best practices in the B2C tech space
- Experience partnering with product & engineering to thoughtfully design complex products for scale
- Strong communication skills, clearly articulating project information to cross-functional stakeholders across multiple teams
- Experience planning and leading user research studies while building a learning agenda
- You proactively bring people together as a team
- You lead with a learners mindset from a user centered POV
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.