People Operations Project Manager
Location: Palo Alto (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We are seeking a highly capable People Operations Project Manager to enhance the performance and analytics of our HR technologies. In this role, your duties will include evaluating and optimizing the performance of our HR systems, determining systemic process improvements, establishing robust data quality measures, implementing scalable system solutions, and analyzing data to identify trends. To ensure success, you should possess extensive experience in HR technologies in a related industry combined with working knowledge of HR best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Consult with HR leaders and other departments to understand function initiatives, data analytic needs, and requirements for improved operational efficiency
- Supports company HRIS systems, researching and resolving system issues, process flaws and recommending improvements to the HRIS team along with providing technical support
- Implements new processes and systems to improve efficiency and flow
- Develop human resources solutions by creating, maintaining, and supporting a variety of reports and dashboards utilizing available reporting tools
- Performing statistical analysis on gathered HRIS data and HR performance metrics
- Maintaining data integrity by running audits, analyzing output, and working to evaluate and resolve discrepancies
- Training HRIS users on system processes and functionality and assist with system-related questions and needs
- Keeping track of technological advancements and trends in the field of HR technology by researching new features, evaluating what should be adopted, implementing and testing accordingly
- Assist and guide HR best practices including performance review, compensation review, immigration, employment processing, compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions
- Administering security by granting user access, coaching for role assignment accuracy, and maintaining security protocols and programs
- Perform other responsibilities as needed
What We Need:
- Bachelor's, Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 6-8 years of experience as an HR technology role in a related industry
- Exceptional ability to gather and interpret data, as well as improve HR technology processes
- Extensive experience in analyzing HRIS and HR performance metrics
- Ability to collaborate, provide technical support, and train staff
- Proficiency in HRM software, such as BambooHR, Greenhouse, Lattice, CultureAmp, ADP, or other major HR software systems
- Experience in documenting processes, as well as performing diagnostic tests and audits
- Knowledge of data protection and privacy
- Working knowledge of HR best practices
- Pre or post IPO experience preferred
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.