Controller - Team Lead
Location: Kfar Saba, Israel (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience. Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a resourceful, independent, thorough, and qualified Controller Team Lead to join our finance team, to lead the operational process and monthly closing. Execute and lead processes, be the focal point for accounting issues, and collaborate with key stakeholders. Maintain and ensure high standards and accuracy in team deliveries.If you have 2-3 years of experience in a controller position and looking for your next challenge, you are a true leader, with great interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills, and a problem-solving mindset, that could be you!
What You’ll Do:
- Own and lead the monthly closing processes (accounting and FP&A).
- An integral part of the budget and forecast processes.
- Developing and delivering periodical analytical analysis to explain variations and identify trends.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to address and resolve issues that impact financial results.
- Be the focal point for accounting issues.
- Work and coordinate with the Company’s external auditors during interim and annual audits.
- Ongoing communication and collaboration with finance teams abroad
- Lead projects and ad-hoc financial tasks and processes.
- Prepare tax returns, tax exposures, and other reports to the Company’s authorities.
What We Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a CPA – Mandatory
- 2-3 years of audit experience from an accounting firm (big 4) – Mandatory
- 2-3 years of experience as a controller – Mandatory
- Proficient in Excel.
- Fluent in English (Verbal and written)
- High-tech company experience - An advantage.
- NetSuite knowledge- An advantage.
- High standard of accuracy, attention to detail, resourceful, independent, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Quick learner, executor, organized, responsible, and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives and meeting deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills, a multi-tasking demanding role who thrive under pressure and in a dynamic work environment.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?