Full Stack Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a driven software engineer to help us build cutting edge internal products. As an experienced innovator partnering with the growth and underwriting teams, this is a massive opportunity to help drive profitable growth.
You will be joining an innovative division of NEXT based in Atlanta: Data Labs. The mandate of Data Labs is to build software and data solutions that meaningfully impact marketing, funnel, risk, and servicing/claims experiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Empower our team of data scientists to rapidly develop and deploy ML solutions
- Leverage software engineering best-practices to create and deploy data-intensive and machine learning inference products
- Understand the data and dig deep to extract actionable insights
- Think creatively and outside the box to answer desired experimental questions as well as exposing opportunities to create business value
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, engineering, product, senior management, and external partners
What We Need:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the complete software development life-cycle
- Strong command of Python and the standard web development frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, FastAPI)
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining rigorous CI/CD processes and unit and integration testing for a web service ecosystem
- Production-grade experience with client-side front end tools (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Experience with database technologies, SQL, and Python data packages (e.g., numpy, pandas, dask, pyspark, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience taking ideas from concept phase through implementation
- Demonstrated experience deploying, maintaining, and monitoring models and applications to a cloud environment using tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated experience with software engineering best-practices, such as Test-Driven Development and continuous integration/deployment pipelining, (bonus points for experience with GitLab)
- Preferred 2+ years of experience in the insurance industry (strong fintech/lending experience will also be considered)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related areas
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.