Head of Lifecycle Marketing
Location: Palo Alto, CA (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
Unleash your marketing expertise to engage and monetize customers as the Director of Lifecycle Marketing at Next Insurance. Get to know our customers – their underlying needs and pain points, journeys, behaviors, and preferences – and champion their interests internally. Architect and orchestrate email, onsite, and SMS communications across each customer’s lifetime to help them adopt, onboard, and use our small business insurance products. Lead an operationally excellent team of technology-savvy CRM marketers to build, deploy, and use new and expanded capabilities to communicate with our customers. If you want to shape our future in the digital small business insurance industry, apply now.
What You’ll Do::
- Start with customers – Learn all about our customer segments, needs / pain points, journeys, behaviors, and preferences – to be able to design effective communications strategies, touchpoints, and messages.
- Analyze email, SMS, and Web site activities, performance, and results.
- We have an existing strategy and roadmap, but we’ll ask you to review and overhaul it as needed to develop a comprehensive lifecycle marketing strategy that includes marketing and transactional email, SMS, and Web site communications and solves for multiple objectives, including customer lead conversion, onboarding, ongoing engagement, cross-sell/upsell, and retention.
- Identify martech requirements and collaborate with our product and engineering teams to develop a lifecycle marketing product roadmap.
- Monitor and analyze customer engagement data to understand lifecycle health and identify opportunities to achieve goals.
- Develop, execute, monitor, and optimize email, SMS, and Web site marketing campaigns to convert leads, onboard, engage, cross-sell/upsell to, and retain customers.
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering to build, test, and scale any new martech capabilities.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal partners and other marketers to drive coordinated actions and campaigns.
- Lead the lifecycle marketing team by setting goals, guiding strategically, and ensuring performance aligned with overall marketing and company objectives and strategies.
What We Need:
- 10+ years of CRM/ lifecycle marketing experience, particularly email, site, and SMS at a consumer/SMB tech company
- Prior experience leading and managing lifecycle marketing teams
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and be hands-on-keyboard when needed
- Mindset: Business management and ownership approach.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be Customer empathetic, data-driven and highly collaborative.
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.