Sr. Software Engineer I (MTS-3) - Java
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
• Learn Financials software workflows
• Work with Domain Leads to develop backend programs in Java
• Develop static reports in Java applications
• Apply needed changes to backend programs as prescribed by customers, program managers, or domain lead
• Build new APIs from architected data modelsDocument code changes
• Work on conversions from legacy reporting and backend software to Java
• Work on prescribed tasks and projects
• Provide feedback on said tasks and projects assigned
• Offer up more efficient means of work within the software and in your position
• Work in a collaborative team of engineers
• Work with QA in program testing
• Know that your input is always valued
• Love what you do and have fun doing it
• Heavily experienced in coding in Java 8+
• Experience with modern JVM frameworks
• Exposure to PHP
• Understanding of architecture specs and executing on them
• Ability to work in an evolving agile development environment
• Able to learn new coding platforms
• A drive for code completion and delivering on time
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to manage time effectively
• Constantly striving to better yourself and others around you
• Able to problem solve quickly and accurately
• Strong software design and development knowledge
• Able to properly design and produce structured APIs
• Ability to create, optimize, and evolve applications
• Produce code that is scalable, performant, and production-ready
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5-7 years experience developing with Java Platform
• 5-7 years experience in web-based development
Nice To Haves
• Knowledge of non-profit or government finance accounting
• ERP development background in one or more of the following domains: Core Financials (e.g. General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable), Payroll, HR, Utility Billing
• Knowledge of platform constructs such as Authentication, Authorization (Access Controls), and Audit Logging
• Extensive knowledge of PHP
• Knowledge of Git
• Knowledge of microservice development with Java
• Solid understanding of AWS concepts (EC2, Lambdas, etc)
• Understanding of Docker
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?