Account Executive (Enterprise Schools and Special Districts)
Sales & Business Development
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Account Executive (Enterprise Schools and Special Districts) role:
The Account Executive, Enterprise Schools and Special Districts (AE, Enterprise SSD) will lead all sales efforts within their assigned territory, with a focus on schools and special districts. As part of our overall business strategy, the AE, Enterprise SSD will correspond and work directly with schools districts, airports, transit authorities, and more. Activities include prospect identification, lead generation, sales calls, quarterbacking the sales cycle, proposal and contract negotiation through deal closure. The AE, Enterprise SSD will work collaboratively to meet sales goals and deliver the highest standard of integrity, quality, and customer service to our customers.
Account Executive (Enterprise Schools and Special Districts) Responsibilities:
• Drive entire sales cycle from prospecting to deal closing with emphasis on high volume deals
• Secure new clients for core SaaS platform
• Grow business within assigned prospect lists, and expand into ancillary jurisdiction types
• Quickly develop a thorough knowledge of company products and client verticals, including local, state, federal governments, special districts, non-profits, higher education, and school districts
• Forecast accuracy and leverage MEDDIC framework weekly
• Exceed revenue targets by selling at prevailing rates
• Maintain a high volume of daily prospecting calls
• Share the OpenGov vision and product technically via teleconference and in-person presentations with government officials
• Convince and command on the phone, and to quickly establish credibility and rapport
Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Experience:
• 5+ years of experience selling technology with documented results in a high-paced environment
• 5+ years of experience selling into the EDTech space preferred, SaaS Prospecting and Sales/Sales Development Experience Required
• Successful sales experience in SaaS B2B, government, finance, budgeting, business intelligence, analytics, performance management, and/or accounting software is preferred
• Passionate about selling technology to improve efficiencies in society and communities
• Ability to have financial, initiative-based, and budget-related conversations with government executives and stakeholders
• Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, direct, and convincing when it’s right for the customer; competitive, driven to succeed, money-motivated
• Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency of expression
• Acute self-awareness and desire to grow within an organization, personally and professionally
• Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRMBA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or another related field
• Excellent references (recent and relevant) from both former clients and employers
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?