Sr Software Engineer (Java)
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
OpenGov is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has experience building secure and scalable SaaS platforms. Our platform unifies and powers several of our mission-critical applications and services that make up our OpenGov Cloud ERP. We need an experienced architect to join us as part of our platform team.
You'll be a key member of our Platform engineering team and work with the product, design, and engineering teams in the US and in India to design and deliver new features in an agile environment.
Our ideal candidate has led technology transformations of large-scale systems, preferably in the enterprise software space (public or private sector) with experience in designing, implementing, delivering, and testing reusable services and modules. You have experience with horizontal and vertical scalability, modular design, and contemporary architecture and technologies.
What you'll make happen:
• Collaborate with other Senior engineers and architects to design, develop, and champion best practices, patterns, and standards for multi-tenant SaaS platforms and applications.
• Collaborate with product managers, design teams, customers, and other stakeholders to determine requirements and design platform capabilities.
• Work with platform and application suite teams to enhance and enrich the ever-evolving shared platform that powers our entire suite of products, the goal is to build once and reuse many times across applications.
• Mentor and develop engineers to assist and promote architecture discipline at OpenGov.
• Produce clear and detailed design documents and architecture blueprints
• Reduce the maintenance costs of core services
• Develop and document core services APIs
• Build key proofs-of-concept - our senior engineers are hands-on and build real prototypes to help the teams get started on the right foot.
• Contribute to OpenGov R&D’s culture of customer-driven innovation.
You get excited by:
• Our mission to power more effective and accountable governments everywhere.
• Working with our highly-talented global R&D team that is building a rapidly growing and enduring SaaS multi-tenant Cloud ERP Platform for governments.
• Working with a distributed R&D team with a high bar for standards and excellence.
• Delighting customers with innovative scalable and delightful products to customers.
• Collaborating with multi-discipline team members.
• Extensive experience (5 -8 years) in software design and development, preferably with cloud-native technology stack and multi-tenant SaaS architectures.
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented and Functional programming, reactive and event-driven architectures.
• Solid understanding of database and persistence technologies.
• Proven hands-on development experience with Java, Ruby, and other programming languages, design patterns, and frameworks.
• Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
• Ability to think long-term, envision target states, and work towards achieving the target state iteratively.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related discipline.
• Master’s Degree in computer science or a related discipline.
• Hands-on knowledge of DevOps, SRE, and CI/CD practices in a public cloud environment, preferably AWS
• Experience building mission-critical transactional systems
• Experience with ERP or similar systems
• Functional Programming experience
• Reactive software architectures
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.