Commission Analyst - GTM
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
OpenGov is seeking a Commission / Compensation Analyst to join the Finance team. This position will be an individual contributor role, reporting to the Go-to-Market (GTM) Compensation Manager. The ideal candidate will collaborate cross-functionally with Revenue Operations and the GTM team to calculate, analyze, and report variable compensation for the field teams.
As the primary focus of this role is to consolidate large amounts of data into cohesive data sets, and to create logical reporting for compensation calculations, the ideal candidate should possess advanced Excel skills, including Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and other functions. Familiarity with applications such as Spiff, Xactly, Callidus, Merced Systems, and SFDC is preferable.
The role will also require moderate interaction with the field teams, making strong communication skills, especially the ability to communicate with senior leaders, essential. Additionally, the selected candidate will be responsible for identifying and monitoring key financial KPIs, and delivering ad hoc reporting and forecasts to the field team and finance.
• Calculate and generate monthly/quarterly variable compensation payments for the GTM teams
• Audit calculations by performing analytics to verify the accuracy of the variable compensation payments (in accordance with the approved Variable Compensation Plans) and submit payments on-time to payroll for processing
• Ensure monthly/quarterly statements are correct and accessible. Generate statements manually as necessary
• Issue and monitor variable compensation documents (via Docusign)
• Assist in managing the compensation system
• Assist in training new GTM personnel on the compensation system
• Assist in any ad hoc analysis as needed
• Maintain data master files for variable compensation measurements and results
• Maintain internal work instructions and other documentation
• Respond to/troubleshoot queries from GTM personnel and business partners
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required
• 1-2 years of corporate experience, ideally in the software industry
• Experience with a sales compensation system is a plus
• Proficient in Salesforce and MS Excel
• Extremely detailed oriented
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Presents ideas and information in a concise, well-organized manner
• Works effectively and collaboratively within a team
• Solid project management skills, ability to independently manage tasks on time
• Identifies business needs and proposes effective solutions
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?