Sr. Test Automation Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
The OpenGov engineering team is a group of talented engineers passionate about delivering a rich set of applications with a high bar on the quality that spans a broad spectrum of testing: functional, system, cross-platform, scale, performance, security, availability, and everything in between. Quality engineering is a cross-functional and distributed group of Manual and Automated Test Engineers in OpenGov’s R&D organization. Automated Test Engineers work hand-in-hand with developers in fast-moving autonomous teams.
A dedicated test architect is on staff to support the broader team on best practices, processes, frameworks, tools, and automation to improve the overall quality of OpenGov applications and increase velocity and confidence in software delivery. We have access to industry-standard tools and services to get our job done. (See QA Tech Stack.)
This role is specifically for a Senior Automated Test Engineer focusing on UI and API test automation in OpenGov’s Financials team
• Create testing artifacts such as test plans, test cases, test -reports, and tests.
• Review product requirement documents in close collaboration with product managers and tech leads to create and document test plans and test cases for features.
• Review test plan and test case documents as needed with key stakeholders.
• Work hand-in-hand with the developers and product manager as a manual tester for new features under development. As a quality engineer, understand the technical stacks and technology powering the applications.
• Perform manual and exploratory testing as a prerequisite for test automation, time-sensitive delivery scenarios, and unscheduled hotfix releases.
• Develop and execute automated U and API tests for existing and new features in the smoke, nightly, and regression scopes. Develop and execute manual tests for existing and new features.
• Perform pre-release automated regression testing for scheduled feature releases.
• Uplevel overall QA team maturity by contributing to cross-functional efforts such as nightly tests, monitoring test failures, and improving the frameworks that run the tests.
• Work with Jenkins to schedule tests, analyze test results, and share metrics and feedback with key stakeholders. Perform testing in both automated and manual testing forms based on team needs
•Active communicator in both written and verbal forms. The financials team’s preferred communication style is via video conferencing & slack
•Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter in a collaborative, self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment. Experience working in agile product teams (Scrum and Kanban).
• Interest in software system internals, e.g. “how things work”.
• Has a strong orientation towards delivering results incrementally.
•Experience improving quality through a combination of tests, dependency testing, and monitoring.
•Self-starter who can collaborate effectively with the members of the product development team (product managers, architects, developers, etc.) and with cross-functional QA team members.
• Experience testing web based applications in the ERP and/or banking domain
4-7 years experience in the following areas:
• functional & end to end UI automation and manual test case development & execution
• functional & end to end API automation and manual test case development & execution
• agile development methodologies (SCRUM or Kanban)
• BDD testing
• REST Assured
• REST API’s
• API Testing Fundamentals
Nice to have qualifications:
• Experience with nightwatch.js
• Experience testing windows (VM) based applications
• Web based application fundamentals (css, jquery, html)
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?