Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
As the sole accounting resource in India, the Accounting Manager is a highly visible role and this person will be responsible for overseeing our third-party accounting team, with the intention to bring much of the activity in-house in the long run. This individual will have strong operational skills and will oversee the process to close the books and consolidate the Indian entity into the US parent entity. This person will also help with statutory requirements and oversee payroll processing.
• Serve as the go-to person for all Indian employees for all payroll, expenses, and accounting-related questions
• Oversee the monthly close process, working closely with third-party accountants
• Prepare the final monthly records for consolidation within the parent entity, including all intercompany accounting
• Manage vendor relationships and accounts payable processing
• Provide full oversight of payroll administration, also working closely with third-party accountants
• Oversee all statutory and tax reporting
• Collaborate with the business as the Indian entity continues to grow and expand
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• BA/BCom degree in accounting required
• CA required
• 5-7 years of experience with a multinational company
• Software industry experience preferred
• Prior experience implementing systems and processes
• Prior experience managing a team
• Prior experience of using Zoho Accounting software
• Strong knowledge of statutory and tax requirements in India
• Good communication and customer support skills
• Good understanding of financial statements and strong account reconciliation skills
• Pune, India area required
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.