Engineering Manager- Devops
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager who will be responsible for leading our DevOps team and overseeing technical program management. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software engineering and experience managing DevOps teams. Additionally, the candidate should have a proven track record of leading technical projects and delivering high-quality
· Lead and manage the DevOps team, providing guidance and support to ensure high-quality, efficient, and secure software development practices.
· Develop and maintain DevOps processes and automation frameworks to support continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
· Implement end-to-end observability (monitoring and alerting of infrastructure and applications, using New Relic, DataDog, SumoLogic, or Observe.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and deploy software applications and systems that meet business and customer needs.
· Manage technical project management activities, including project planning, resource allocation, and risk management.
· Work closely with stakeholders to understand requirements and develop project plans that align with business objectives and timelines.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners, including customers, vendors, and stakeholders.
· Ensure team members have the necessary skills, tools, and resources to succeed in their roles.
· Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
· At least 12 years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on DevOps.
· At least 5 years of experience managing engineering teams.
· Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
· Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
· Understanding of GitHub, Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes (EKS), Kafka, AWS Lambda, Jenkins, Spinnaker, GitHub Actions, and ArgoCD.
· Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies and tools (Agile, Scrum, Jira, etc.).
· Experience with technical project management, including project planning, resource allocation, and risk management.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
· Strong leadership and mentoring skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire team members.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and address technical issues and risks.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?