Sr Site Reliability Engineer - (Argentina)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
The Sr. Software Engineer II (SRE) will enable continuous integration and deployment of highly reliable and error-free production code using modern Cloud-native technologies and monitor and guarantee uptime SLAs for our production systems. This role will primarily build infrastructure to ensure OpenGov’s deployments are resilient, performant, and scalable and play a key part in designing and building well-architected and efficient software.
• Build software for and manage highly available cloud infrastructure for continuous integration, automated software releases, infrastructure automation, and monitoring.
• Operate Kubernetes and Docker in production on public clouds, including Azure and AWS.
• Build and operate services foundational to the product architecture in terms of usage across multiple products, such as Kafka, Authorization/Authentication, Postgres, REST and GraphQL Microservices, etc.
• Build and operate software delivery, process automation, testing, and other tools to improve developer velocity and fuel engineering innovation.
•Lead deployment aspects related to networking (e.g., load balancing), security (e.g., TLS termination, secrets management), and scalability.
•Support, troubleshoot, and monitor production systems, including optimization of their performance, scale, utilization, and costs.
• Experience running Kubernetes securely and at scale in production on public clouds, preferably with both Linux and Windows workloads
• Experience with AWS, Azure, and their APIs and services.
• Development and administration experience in Linux environments
• Programming skills in languages like Java/Python/Ruby/Go/C/C++
• Demonstrable experience in creating high-performance and highly scalable services
• Deep understanding of networking protocols, HTTPS, load balancing, and security.
• Experience with tooling infrastructure automation and monitoring, such as Docker, GitHub Actions, ArgoCD, Artifactory, Terraform, New Relic, Grafana, etc.
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exhibits an informed balance between strategic direction and tactical execution
• Has a strong orientation towards delivering results incrementally with a keen desire for customer impact
• Experience: Minimum 10 years of industry experience with 5+ years as a DevOps/SRE engineer supporting enterprise high availability Cloud-native SaaS systems.
• Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, Winner of 2022 Top Workplaces USA award, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?