Manager, GTM Strategy
Tampa, FL, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Manager, GTM Strategy role:
The Manager, GTM Strategy is a part of OpenGov’s growing Revenue Operations team which owns strategy and programs across all GTM functions. This role will work cross-functionally across GTM, Finance, and Product to help guide OpenGov growth over the medium and long term by developing sound go-to-market strategies and deploying them across the business. You will primarily focus on OpenGov’s annual planning process to align GTM, Finance, and Product on a shared set of operating goals (e.g. pipeline targets), the GTM structure (e.g. territory model), and the KPIs and cross-functional programs to achieve those goals.
Responsibilities of the Manager, GTM Strategy:
• Lead the GTM Leadership team through the annual planning process by interlocking with Finance and on a clear timeline for key decisions and managing sub-groups within the GTM Leadership team towards clear, concise, data-backed decisions
• Drive a wholistic approach to GTM compensation by ensuring that individual role incentives are well aligned to functional responsibilities and measures used in compensation are readily available in end-user reporting and reinforced in our monthly/ quarterly KPI review
• Establish a consistent framework of KPIs across GTM functions in partnership with functional and operational leaders to drive a more rigorous monthly and quarterly performance review
• Collaborate with the Business Technologies Team and FP&A to develop a sustainable data strategy around a Master Account and Master Contact table with clear ownership and process for ongoing maintenance Support Product Marketing and Commercial Operations in the annual pricing exercise to provide insights on proposed pricing changes and ensure the internal pricing catalog build out supports all downstream reporting requirements
• Act as the primary liaison between Revenue Operations and Business Intelligence by standardizing the GTM reporting strategy that can be leveraged across verticals, and having the most nuanced understanding of GTM data available
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 5+ years of experience in field operations roles and or similar experience in analytical/ strategy roles within a growing go-to-market organization
• Ability to execute at a strategic level as well as dig into the details and lead projects from conception to completion
• Adept analyst with a strong ability to bring together disparate data sources to drive meaningful analysis
• Experience working with management and leadership teams to provide actionable insights
• Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, and driven to succeed
• Ability to drive change and lead through influence in a matrixed environment
• Crisp written communication and verbal communication skills; ability to highlight and collaborate on areas for improvement
• Build strong relationships with all department leaders and stakeholders by improving visibility, making strategic suggestions, and partnering on initiatives to drive results
• Quantitative Skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience using multiple data sources, and enriching data to complete analyses
• BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or other related fields
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?