Chicago, IL, USA · San Francisco, CA, USA · Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
OpenGov seeks to expand its proven Professional Services (PS) team with an experienced Integration Developer to deliver quality integration processes for our customers. The PS team is focused on making our 2000+ government organizations wildly successful. This role will be responsible for turning technical integration designs into robust integration layer processes using industry-standard tools, languages and methods between OpenGov and third-party systems. The Integration Developer will be a hands-on technologist who will understand data storage, modeling, architectural and testing concerns and will use this knowledge to deliver results that will delight our customers.
• Conceptualize the design and and development of interfaces and integration architecture
• Manage the data analysis activities and integrating disparate systems
• Document technical interface requirements, working with analysts and business users to convert specifications into technical designs
• Build intensive data acquisition and integration solutions in line with business requirements and optimizing data integration platforms
• Solve problems with extensive programming skills and abilities in multiple coding languages and frameworks
• Identify, debug and resolve errors, providing support, and developing procedures to navigate complex system overlaps and advise on system errors or architecture issues
• Devise and report on integration development plans and strategies
• Coordinate activities with other developers to ensure that integration projects are completed on time
• Ensure that best practices in integration processes are followed
• Maintain the integrity and smooth functioning of the company's integration architecture
• Analyze and Improve current system integrations and migration strategies
• Examine data sources through user interviews and data object analysis
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional services engineering or technical architecture or integration architecture role
• Considerable experience with systems integration and database technologies
• Experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Experience with application development – e.g. Java, DotNet, scripting, etc.
• Knowledge and experience of SOAP/REST/GraphQL protocols
• Knowledge of integration concepts and patterns – e.g. XML Schemas, SOAP, web service specifications
• A practical working knowledge of OpenApi standards, JSON / YAML and platforms such as SwaggerHub
• Understanding of object-oriented languages and paradigms – e.g. OOAD, design patterns
• Knowledge of SQL and other server-side languages
• Experience with Integration, API management/Gateway and microservice patterns
• Hands-on experience using DevOps and CI/CD tools – e.g. Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.
• Practical experience with RPA (Robotic Process Automation) technologies is preferable
• Knowledge of AI (Artificial Intelligence) frameworks, processes, implementation patterns and industry direction is an advantage
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• A strong willingness to update knowledge of best practices by keeping track of new technologies and strategies for ETL, partaking in workshops and other educational opportunities, widening personal networks and reading industry publications
• An ability to effectively communicate
• Basic consulting skills
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
• Experience with API level testing
• Experience with Agile & Scrum methodologies
• Adeptness at writing actionable bug reports using software like Jira
• Proficiency at balancing multiple efforts simultaneously and meeting strict deadlines
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.