Accounts Payable Accountant (India)
Accounting & Finance
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
The Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for supporting day-to-day Accounts Payable operations for the company, including processing invoices, managing vendor records, auditing employee expense reports and assisting in ownership of the accounts payable email inbox. Using excellent customer service skills, this individual will work directly with internal and external stakeholders to provide or request information and resolve AP related issues..
• Process a high volume of invoices across multiple subsidiaries while maintaining accuracy and timeliness
• Collaborate with internal teams as needed to verify that necessary approvals are captured and are in compliance with company policies
• Serve as the initial reviewer and approver of employee expense reports to verify that the items submitted have the proper documentation and coding
• Analyze monthly vendor statements and work closely with the vendor to resolve any discrepancies
• Manage and prioritize incoming emails to the joint AP inbox; extract vendor invoices for processing and assist in responding to inquiries regarding payments or credits
• Maintain and update vendor records, including all necessary supporting documentation
• Perform purchase order maintenance and resolution activities for those that need intervention
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• BCom/CA degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field preferred
• Prior experience with a multinational company required
• 2-5 years of experience in an Accounts Payable-focused role
• Strong understanding of Accounts Payable processes and best practices
• High level of attention-to-detail and accuracy in data entry
• Software industry experience preferred
• Ability to set priorities and meet department deadlines
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be located near Pune, India metropolitan area
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.