Business Systems Administrator - R&D Focus
Chicago, IL, USA · San Francisco, CA, USA · Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
We are seeking a dynamic and skilled Atlassian systems administrator who specializes in organization-wide deployments of Jira Software, Work Management, Service Management, Insights Asset Management and Confluence implementations. This person is passionate, meticulous, and driven to join our expanding team and propel your career to new heights. Collaborating closely with key stakeholders including R&D, Product, Design, Customer Support, and other Operations Teams, you will witness the tangible impact of your work on our team, driving company growth and enhancing efficiency. Your primary focus will revolve around project management and administration of OpenGov’s Atlassian implementation and its integration with other technologies like GitHub, our CI/CD Pipelines, Salesforce and other tooling. You will play a vital role in cross functional teams spanning R&D, GTM and SBS organizations.
In this position, you will gain comprehensive knowledge of the OpenGov business, including processes, integrations, data requirements, data flows, data integrity, and reporting. Leveraging your experience, you will provide valuable insights and recommendations [primarily] to the R&D organization for system improvements, process enhancements, integration optimizations, and more. Moreover, when changes are implemented, you will help guide the business through the transition and contribute to the setup of reporting and analysis mechanisms to measure and report the effectiveness of the implemented changes.
A typical work week might comprise of:
60% R&D Systems Administration
• Create streamlined workflows to drive best practice, quality, and ease of use by simplifying page layouts, reports, and dashboards
• Serve as the technical lead on enhancements within the Atlassian tech stack (workflow, automation rules, schema updates, custom field management, plugin management, integrations, etc)
• Comfortable with SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) process, including SCALE Agile, GIST Framework, ITIL, ITSM and other industry standards
• Provide day-to-day tooling support (Jira, Confluence, Statuspage, Opsgenie, GIT, SonarQube, Productboard, etc.) for primarily the R&D organization but also those in SBS and GTM
• Enable business partners to self-service their data needs through documentation and template reports/dashboards
40% Strategic Projects and Analysis
• Lead technical systems projects centering around the Atlassian tech stack and integrated technologies that improve day-to-day operations and long-term strategy for R&D systems (Jira, Confluence, Statuspage, Opsgenie, GIT, Sonarcube, Productboard)
• Conduct analysis on R&D systems and process to provide insights on overall performance
• Suggest improvements to R&D systems and processes to improve overall performance, user experience and drive operational efficiency
• Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with business partners and provide feedback on best practices as we analyze and prioritize business needs
• Employ superb written and meeting skills to quickly resolve discovered issues or perceived bottlenecks
• Be the source of truth for project status and work to make overall progress (or lack thereof) transparent
• Ensure successful adoption with the right amount of documentation for the current and future state of business processes
• Set up reporting and analysis to validate the effectiveness of changes made and report this to management teams
• Present key findings, recommendation and solutions to management and leaders within the organization
Additional Professional Development
• Find the intersection between your personal development interests and our business needs to identify growth
• Grow your skills by completing classes from Linkedin Learning
• Stay proficient in our internal Atlassian and Data Infrastructure ecosystems
• The candidate should enjoy solving complex problems and challenging the status quo for the capabilities of the solution offering
• Clear understanding and working knowledge of SDLC Principles and Software process
• 5+ years experience administering Atlassian products (Jira Software, Work Management, Service Management, Status-page, Confluence, Asset Management, OpsGenie, etc) is required
• 5-7 years of applicable work experience, preferably in a SaaS organization or consulting firm supporting SaaS and other relevant industries
• Examples of integrating Jira with other R&D tooling such as quality, CI/CD pipelines and observability is required
• Experience working with Argo, SonarQube and Grafana or similar R&D tooling
• Experience working within and AWS and Azure ecosystem is a plus
• Presentation, meeting planning, and communication experience across various audiences (in-team, cross-team, executive, etc.)
• Atlassian certifications are preferred
• Experience working with Salesforce CRM integrations from Jira is preferred
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.