Technical Support Specialist - Level 1
IT, Customer Service
Plano, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
This position requires a minimum of 3 days a week working onsite in OpenGov's Plano, TX office.
About the Technical Support Specialist Role:
The OpenGov Support Center utilizes a POD system to provide software support to our customers. Each POD is a specialized team of Subject Matter Experts (SME) for an OpenGov product. Each product contains a number of modules all requiring extensive knowledge as well as how to apply workflow concepts for multiple customer use cases including specific terminology for that field.
The Technical Support Specialist provides our customers omni-channel support via Phone, Chat, Web, and Email. New case management is distributed to the team members in each POD utilizing Skill-Based Routing. The Technical Support Specialist independently manages their case backlog by assessing, analyzing, and providing technical expertise towards resolution while delivering high customer satisfaction. This position also requires providing technical guidance up to and including impromptu software training.
Technical Support Specialist Responsibilities:
• Provide customer technical support via omnichannel interactions in order to achieve key performance goals, ensuring customer interactions are addressed in a timely and accurate manner and meeting or exceeding service levels
• Utilize service management system (ZenDesk) for case management by providing adequate log notes, timely case updates, and work towards First Contact Resolution (FCR) for incoming inquiries to Support
• Triage customer reported incidents for severity, urgency, and content to ensure consistency and quality
• Perform research across various tools to determine if the incident is a known issue or defect
• Troubleshoot a wide range of technologies and replicate incidents versus the expected results and document steps to reproduce
• Contribute to the existing knowledge base to support customer self-service and training
• Participate in scheduled training sessions to learn internal and proprietary technologies
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• 1+ years of Support Center experience with SaaS products required
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required
• Strong technical aptitude to problem solve and understand complicated problem statements required
• Proficiency with documenting cases by triaging, responding, troubleshooting and resolving required
• Excellent organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills required
• Ability to collaborate and thrive within a team environment required
• Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly required
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities required
• Experience with a Service Management (ZenDesk, Service Cloud, Service Now, etc.) required
• Experience with a Knowledge Management system and creating knowledge articles required
• Must be able to work specific shifts to provide support during business hours required
• Participate in rotating on-call after-business-hours support required
• Experience working with government (state or local) customers or agencies preferred
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.