Director, Product Management, Budgeting & Planning Suite
Accounting & Finance, Product
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
The Director, Product Management, Budgeting & Planning will report directly to the Chief Product Officer and will be responsible for leading all product aspects of OpenGov’s Budgeting & Planning Suite. This role places emphasis on driving business growth, identifying and executing market-defining product enhancements, and marshaling OpenGov’s developers, UX and market-facing resources to build the best product in the market and run away from the competition.
We are looking for a rising-star leader to head our globally distributed Budgeting & Planning suite and PM function and drive roadmap execution relentlessly. Candidates must be experienced product managers with strong cloud-based software and user experience passion and have a demonstrable track record of successful enterprise product leadership, technical skills, customer focused innovation, superb communications skills, PM coaching and development skills. The ideal candidate has built Budgeting software and/or worked in and with budgeting software.
• Own the Budgeting & Planning Suite product roadmap - run an effective process to set, communicate, and adjust product direction, product definition, and road-mapping, leveraging market research and implementing key performance indicators to measure product performance
• Develop a high-performing product management organization - coach, hire and lead an exceptional team of product directors, product managers, and product analysts.
• Ensure effective cross-team collaboration with engineering and design, sales, marketing, customer success, and professional services
• Drive market success for our Budgeting & Planning Suite, the continued attainment of growth targets, and the attainment of “category defining” product status
• Ensure customer delight (economic buyers, administrators, power users, occasional government users, and citizen constituents)
• Enterprise SaaS (software as a service) experience working, ideally in areas such as Financial systems, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Budgeting/Planning, or similar products
• Previous work experience in the financial industry or in a financial role (e.g. Financial management, FP&A, etc.)
• Proven track record of leading, developing and bringing new products to market
• At least 15 years of product management experience
• At least 8 years of product manager coaching and team development experience
• Ability to think strategically and synthesize diverse information
• Intelligence, passion and drive
• Strong product-cycle execution track record
• An eye for user-centric design demonstrated through top-notch products
• Superb verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
• Experience with government budgeting concepts and practices and/or finance/budgeting solutions is strongly preferred
• Hands-on experience with Financial software or Budgeting Solutions is preferred
• Multi-tenant SaaS Application Experience
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.