Sr Software Engineer - (Argentina)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll build the best-in-class SaaS solution that enables efficiency, transparency, and accountability within government agencies. You’ll be a key member of our engineering team, delivering new features and improvements in a fast-paced, agile environment using modern computing frameworks to drive our mission to make the world a little better every day by powering our key community functions.
We value self-starters with intrinsic motivation, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to communicate ideas effectively to further OpenGov’s culture of accountability, respect, dedication, and fun. We value clean code, principles over dogma, customer collaboration, teamwork, and thought leadership.
• Provide leadership at the tactical level with input into strategy and team leadership, and solve significant and unique problems where analysis requires an evaluation of intangibles.
• Architect, design, and develop robust APIs and microservices using NodeJS, Typescript, and ReactJS to serve over 100k daily users across hundreds of customer communities.
• Own the end-to-end product lifecycle including collaboration with Product, Design, and other customer success stakeholders to shape the system.
• Deliver iterative improvements with performant code to realize the product vision and roadmap plans.
• Using an API-first approach, develop REST & GraphQL microservices that communicate with the OpenGov event-driven platform for Data & Reporting services, as well as integrate with customer systems for inbound and outbound data integrations.
• Participate in the CICD and DevOps automation initiatives to build, test, deploy & operate on industry-leading platforms & tools including AWS Cloud, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Sonar, Spinnaker, NewRelic, etc.
• You will act as a key contributor to continuously improve the way the team collaborates and delivers while elevating the quality and business value of the product, as well as the technical innovation and excellence standards of the team.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 7+ years of professional experience and track record of developing high-quality scalable code using modern computing languages in a self-organized Agile environment.
• 5+ years developing backend microservices with NodeJS, Typescript, and REST/GraphQL APIs
• Experience building a heavily utilized at-scale consumer-facing enterprise SaaS software
• Experience with cloud-native software development and delivery with a clear understanding of the standard architecture patterns and design practices surrounding Cloud services and deployments.
• Successfully built APIs, architected database models including SQL and NoSQL, and event-driven patterns
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, Winner of 2022 Top Workplaces USA award, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.