Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for driving monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities, assisting with technical accounting research, financial reporting, and owning relevant accounting policies and procedures. This individual will have a background in public accounting and must possess a CPA. This role will work cross functionally across the organization.
• Drive monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes and completion of financial reporting deliverables, including balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis
• Research technical accounting questions and prepare technical accounting memos
• Develop, implement and maintain accounting policies, internal controls and procedures to support close requirements to efficiently support business scale
• Support the Company’s annual financial statement auditDevelop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders across the organization
• Collaborate cross-functionally with and support our business partners and FP&A by providing financial insights and relevant reporting
• Support acquisition diligence and subsequent acquisition integrations
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
BA degree in accounting required
• CPA is required
• 4-6 years of experience required
• Public accounting (Big 4 accounting firm) experience is required
• Experience with Tech industry is preferred
• Good understanding of financial statements and reporting requirements
• Experience in accounting for Accruals, Prepaids, Leases, Acquired and Internally Developed Internal Use Software, Cloud Computing Arrangements, Intangibles, Goodwill is preferred
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of financial statements and external reporting
• Experience with NetSuite is a plus
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.