Technical Support Engineer
About the job
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will take ownership of technical escalations and serve as a focal point for all the Operation teams. You will also investigate highly technical and complex issues while working closely with the engineering teams.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for providing expert technical support to our customers and internal teams during complex projects related to integrations and migrations. You will have to be familiar with reading system logs, and have experience with JSON data structures
- You will be expected to take part in maintaining the trust of our customers and be required to consistently collaborate with our internal Operation teams to identify and handle a wide variety of complex use cases until resolution
- Take ownership of technical escalations and serve as a focal point for all related teams.
- Provide technical support for integrations and migrations projects, including troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues
- Investigate and resolve technical issues related to ERP systems and their integrations with other systems.
- Analyze system logs to identify the root cause of technical issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, and operations teams, to resolve customer problems efficiently
- Maintain internal documentation and perform knowledge-sharing with team members
What you’ll need
- Your background includes:
- 4+ years experience in a Technical Support role preferably in FinTech, Financial Management, Accounts Payables or Payments area
- Familiarity working with electronic bank transfers
- Proven experience with databases and high-level SQL queries (SSMS, MongoDB)
- Ability to understand complex flows and work in collaboration with the R&D department
- Your skills include:
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with API (SOAP and REST), reading XML, and JSON files– Advantage
- Familiarity with GraphQL and API clients such as PostMan - Advantage
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex technical issues
- Multi-tasking, self-learning, highly motivated, and a team player
Unique aspects of this role
- Normal workweek business hours within geographic location and time zone
- Requires flexibility to coordinate schedules across time zones with internal teams and external customers and contacts
- Physical aspects:
- Position is located onsite/in-office three days per week
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing at workstation
- Prolonged computer and/or telephone usage
- Ability to hear, understand and distinguish speech and other sounds
- Visual acuity at close ranges
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.