Channel Sales Manager
We are building a world-class Alliances & Business Development organization in our Channel Sales practice and are looking for an experienced team member to contribute to the program’s growth and help us achieve our goals. This is a huge opportunity to be a strategic part of building out a key go-to-market strategy.
The ideal candidate will be familiar and in tune with key players in our ecosystem such as Outsourced Accounting firms, Business Process Outsourcing firms and Embedded Platform Partners to help leverage our AP processing, Global Partner Payment, and other Financial Operations automation solutions.
Experience in business development and sales, especially in the channel model is required, and knowledge of outsourced accounting firms and/or digital marketing is preferred. The candidate will have a passion for the financial technology space and through grit, attention to detail, focus, strategic thinking, analytical skills, and a can-do attitude, you will help to scale our Partner Program to support Tipalti’s aggressive growth goals.
- Work in tandem with our internal Alliance team and external Channel Partners such as Outsourced Accounting Firms, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firms and Embedded Partner Solution Platforms
- Support the Alliance Managers’ efforts to build and navigate within our Channel Partners organization to showcase value to them and their clients, and ultimately close deals
- Work closely with cross-functional and internal sales teams, pre-sales engineers, and marketing to grow new and incremental revenue
- Give clear and concise feedback to internal stakeholders on our Partner Program product compatibilities, ecosystem viability; effectively communicating to management through Salesforce updates, emails, and other avenues
- Meet or exceed sales quotas and other KPIs
- Focus on value selling to the C suite, Finance, Accounting and other key business stakeholders using ROI and TCO modelsBoth through and alongside the Partner
- Drive pipeline activities outside of and in conjunction with Alliance Manager and Business Development efforts
- Perform account & opportunity reviews with management team
- Keep SFDC up to date & forecast accurately
- Build relationships, share best practices, and work within a collaborative team-selling environment
- Strategic account planning and execution to upsell and cross sell Partners customers based on Tipalti’s contractual obligations with the individual Partner.
- 5+ Years in tech sales with some focus on selling to the Office of the CFO
- A proven track record in scaling and growing new and existing Partner ecosystems
- Experience working in the accounting / financial management / financial operations domain, working with or for a FinTech company a plus
- Builder and strategic thinking mindset, comfortable sharing ideas, trying new approaches and being focused on achieving team and company short and long term goals
- Solid attention to detail
- Get it done attitude, pushes through adversity to hit numbers
- Brings an existing network of relationships across target alliance partners
- Strong ability to drive execution of strategic initiatives and tactics
- Experience developing, negotiating and closing partner and end client deals
- Ability to actively convey the vision and mission of Tipalti and of our partner program - drive Partners to be emotionally and economically invested in the relationship
- Some travel required on an as needed basis (less than 10%)
- A track record of working in a fast-paced environment, setting your own demanding expectations, inspiring and supporting your teammates and exceeding those expectations
- Ability to understand and demonstrate Tipalti's products as well as to interact with internal product, marketing, sales, and operational teams and executives through a variety of channels
- Assertive, Passionate, Persuasive, Positive, Consultative, loves to compete and win
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.