Systems Administrator (Internal Tools and Automation)
The Systems Administrator (Internal Tools and Automation) will be responsible for driving efficiency across the Operations and Compliance organization. This will be achieved by automating high-impact activities and continuously optimizing the software, tools, and integrations used by the Operations and Compliance teams. This includes identifying which activities and processes should be automated and then owning those improvement projects. This position reports to the Director of Support and will work most closely with the Implementation, Customer Success, Payment Operations, and Technical Support teams. The Systems Administrator needs to be a problem solver with a can-do attitude for supporting teammates and colleagues.
This role is a hybrid position and requires you to be in the office Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- Tool Administration: Manage, configure, and maintain the technical tools and software systems used by the Operations and Compliance departments, ensuring their proper functioning and availability.
- Tool Upgrades and Enhancements: Stay updated with the latest tool versions and features, conduct regular updates and upgrades, and assess new tools to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Security and Access Control: Implement security measures and access controls to protect sensitive data and ensure compliance with company policies and industry regulations.
- Performance Monitoring: Monitor tool performance and usage metrics to identify performance issues, bottlenecks, and areas for improvement.
- Incident Management: Provide technical support and troubleshooting for tool-related issues to minimize downtime and disruptions to operations.
- Integration and Automation: Identify opportunities for tool integration, optimization, and automation to streamline processes and improve operational efficiency.
- Documentation: Create and maintain documentation on systems, processes, and procedures including configurations and user license counts to ensure accurate management of systems and efficient onboarding of new team members.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with IT teams, vendors, and stakeholders to resolve complex tool-related issues, implement improvements, and ensure seamless integration with other systems.
- Support and Training: Set up new users, provide informal training, and create help documentation as needed to enable users of different software tools and systems.
- You have 3+ years of experience automating processes or implementing and managing software systems.
- You are a team player with experience working cross-functionally in a collaborative environment.
- You can work independently and want to be a subject matter expert (SME) in automating systems and processes.
- You have comprehensive experience working as an administrator of Jira, Zendesk, or ChurnZero.
- Familiarity with Slack, Salesforce, Pendo, Chorus, Outreach, Postman, Confluence, GuideCX
- You have evaluated and managed the implementation of software or productivity systems.
- You can adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of scripting languages or automation tools is a plus.
- Certifications in relevant tools or systems administration are advantageous.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with data management, security controls, and access management.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills.
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.