Engineering Team Leader (90% Backend)
You will be leading a team of engineers building a core product, creating true impact and owning your team's deliverables from planning stages to production.
As a team lead, you will be accountable for your team’s output, upholding a high technical bar while overcoming a multitude of technological challenges. Our key strength is our people - you will be responsible for empowering and coaching your people, organizing their work, setting goals, and making sure they are engaged.
Our team regularly refines our methods of work, tools, and technologies. We value independence, natural curiosity, ownership, and the desire for constant improvement.
As part of your role you will manage a team of 6 software engineers and 2 QA Automation engineers.
- 5+ years in a software development role
- 2+ years of leading software development teams
- Experience with a major web development stack, preferably Node.js
- Solid understanding of MVC architecture, RESTful design patterns
- Strong knowledge of OO design and implementation
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Strong knowledge in software design and passion for creating high-standard code
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and drive people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Hebrew and in English
- BSc in computer sciences or equivalent
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.