Commercial Account Executive
We have a lot to be proud of at Tipalti. We are a company that has redefined the way businesses manage their financial operations. In a world where financial complexity is increasing at an unprecedented rate, Tipalti offers a beacon of simplicity and efficiency. As a leader in the FinTech industry we are not just a company; we are a catalyst for change in the financial landscape, and a place where individuals can truly thrive in their careers.
At Tipalti our teams are given the freedom to dream, experiment and create solutions that make a real impact on the financial world. We bring together talented, dedicated, and knowledgeable colleagues from diverse backgrounds to deliver top-notch client service in a highly collaborative work environment. Tipalti’s culture fosters teamwork, open communication, and the exchange of diverse perspectives. We value everyone’s unique talents and encourage a spirit of inclusivity and provide our employees with continuous leaning opportunities, mentorship programs and a clear path for career advancement. Being a part of Tipalti means you aren’t just working for a company; you are a part of a community of innovators, dreamers, and change-makers. The future of finance is bright, and the opportunities are limitless. Together, we can redefine the financial world.
As the Commercial Account Executive Sales professional, you will play a pivotal role in driving the growth and success of our organization by identifying and securing new business opportunities within the commercial sector. You are a true hunter who understands the franchise model and can collaborate with all internal resources (Sales Development, Solution Consulting, Alliances, Finance, legal and others) while leveraging the heavy investment in the sales stack to understand their territory and find the best target prospect to go after. The Commercial Account Executive will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients, building strong relationships, and delivering tailored solutions that meet their unique needs. This position demands a proactive, results-driven approach, exceptional communication skills, and a deep understanding of our products or services.
As a Commercial Account Executive your key accountabilities will involve:
- Meet or exceed Sales Quota while keeping in mind the monthly/quarterly/annual linearity goals.
- Maintaining a healthy and clean pipeline (4-5x depending on their close rate.
- Manage the sourcing of new opportunities (by working with their sales development team members, Alliances, and self-sourcing new opportunities).
- Maintaining a healthy activity level each week/month to achieve new opportunities target (target emailing, phone prospecting, LinkedIn/social outreach).
- Effective management of a territory.
As Commercial Account Executive your experience and qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of sales experience or more.
- Experience working in a SaaS B2B technology company.
- Self-Starter with strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong Communication skills (for both internal and external communication).
- Team player and collaborator.
- Understanding of Territory planning and account segmentation.
- Ability to qualify inbound leads or outbound prospect target prospect accounts.
- Ability to use automated technology to run their own demo.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive salary plus company shares.
- Matching RRSP.
- Extended benefits, Employee Assistance Program, life insurance, AD&D, LTD.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation.
- Foodee lunch program for days you are in the office.
- We often get together for company-wide social events.
- Conveniently located close to transit.
- Parking expenses covered, 1 time per week.
- Cell phone stipend.
- Internet stipend.
Please include a resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles Tipalti has to offer check out our careers page: https://tipalti.com/careers/#jobs
*Note – this is a Hybrid position and will require you to be on site three days per week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays.*
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.