Human Resources Business Partner
About the job
The HR Business Partner is trusted advisor to business leaders and employees, a strategic partner within the HR organization, a role model in stewarding Tipalti’s values, vision, and mission, and central to the development, implementation and evolution of annual and ongoing HR and business programs and initiatives, including talent and performance management, succession planning, manager and employee development, engagement, employee relations, and related programs.
What you’ll do
- Identify, develop, and deliver HR services, including talent management and development, organizational design, organizational effectiveness, change management, strategic consultation and coaching, and employee engagement strategies
- Build trusted advisor relationships with leaders and employees
- Collaborate with the HRBP team and HR partners on projects in support of the development, recommendation and implementation of people programs, policies and procedures, and process improvements
- Partner with data teams to identify data analytics needs; assess results to identify gaps and opportunities, formulate strategy recommendations, present findings and recommendations to business leaders, and consult on actions and implementation
- Lead talent management and initiatives for leaders, managers, and employees, including business acumen, formal and informal leadership development, career growth, and skills development
- Advise business leaders on all people matters, including organizational effectiveness, org design, change management, career coaching, performance management and related matters
- Please note, this is a hybrid position and requires you to be in office Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
What you’ll need
- What you’ve learned:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources Management or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Your background includes:
- 5+ years of experience as an HR business partner providing business consultation in core HR functions, organizational development, coaching, employee relations, and talent management and DEIB, and partnering with HR centers of excellence on total rewards, talent acquisition, and HR operations
- 2+ years’ experience providing direct HR support to one or more senior leaders
- Experience in a rapidly scaling SaaS startup environment helpful
- Your skills include:
- Proven ability to leverage comprehensive understanding of the HR body of knowledge in evaluating complex situations, formulating and conveying informed recommendations, and confidently navigating through conflicts to reach resolution
- Irreproachable integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to build trust with the organization, employees, leaders, and the HR team
- Strong business acumen, judgment, decision making, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, including the ability to understand and interpret business goals and recommend approaches to
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to synthesize and convey complex concepts and data, provide and receive feedback, prepare and deliver presentations, and facilitate group discussions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency in HR and business processes, systems, and tools, including HRMS and survey platforms, along with Google and MS suites or similar platforms
Unique aspects of this role
- Travel: Minimal overnight travel anticipated (up to 5%).
- Normal workweek business hours within geographic location and time zone.
- May require flexibility to coordinate schedules across time zones with internal teams and external customers and contacts.
- Physical aspects:
- Position is located onsite/in-office three days per week.
- Prolonged sitting and/or standing at workstation.
- Prolonged computer and/or telephone usage.
- Ability to hear, understand and distinguish speech and other sounds.
- Visual acuity at close ranges.
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to scale their business rapidly and dramatically reduce finance friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, Tipalti is fueled by a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 98% customer retention rate built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," a mission our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you can thrive and be an impact player! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.