Editorial Operations Assistant
Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. We’re committed to diversity both internally and externally through programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You’ll Do Here
The editorial assistant will:
- Transfer 30-40 blog posts per month into our content management system (WordPress). This includes cleaning up back-end HTML, image sourcing and placement, inserting H2s and other formatting, and filling out post fields and categorizations
- Source, schedule, and host 10-15 minute interviews between contract writers and HomeLight’s network of real estate agents per month, ensuring a wonderful client experience every time (ex: joining the call early to ensure tech is working properly ahead of time)
- Review and coach a stable of 15 freelance writers on their interview questions and phone etiquette, flagging any issues to the editor
- Respond to freelance writer questions on behalf of editors as appropriate
- Schedule meetings and calls for a team of editors
- Assist in compiling information for templated blog posts
- Use Airtable to keep editorial production on task and statuses up to date
- Maintain blog category pages to feature our most monetizable content
- Launch pages that host HomeLight’s research papers such as Top Agent Insights
- Take on ad-hoc research projects and side jobs to support editors, such as extracting agent survey data and coordinating emails to our agent pressroom email list
What You Bring
- Your desk is as organized as Marie Kondo’s sock drawer. You revel in the satisfaction of to-do lists, color coding, and the perfect spreadsheet. Every day you reach inbox zero, and you’ve never met the scheduling challenge you couldn’t overcome.
- You’re not afraid to hop on the phone and step in as a stellar representative of our company. You’re excited to learn more about the content world and be a part of the behind-the-scenes action of an editorial team.
- Administrative / operations experience
- Experience in customer / client services
- Familiarity with WordPress (or other similar CMS)
- Familiarity with Airtable (or similar platforms such as sheets)
HomeLight is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request and any accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Something looks off?