Head of Valuations and Pricing
Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You’ll Do Here
As the Head of Valuations and Pricing, your role is crucial to our mission of making every real estate transaction simple, certain and satisfying. You will lead our approvals team, responsible for assessing property valuation and condition to determine how much equity we can unlock for clients through HomeLight’s Buy Before You Sell Program. This position demands expertise in real estate valuations and financial analysis and a strong inclination to run a customer-centric operation. You will be responsible for developing and owning a framework that allows us to approve as many deals as possible within a given risk-loss budget.
- Structure and monitor Buy Before You Sell approval operations to maximize the amount of equity we unlock for our clients while managing risk to target outcomes. Approval operations includes:
- valuation of properties, utilizing market analysis, comparative data, and financial modeling
- property condition, utilizing inspection reports and other 3rd party data
- unique property risk, utilizing title searches, HOA assessments, and other sources of real estate data
- Partner with our engineering and product team to develop unique tools that allow clients to instantly unlock equity through Buy Before You Sell
- Partner with our growth and operations teams to develop a highly scalable and delightful approval process for Buy Before You Sell
- Stay up to date on real estate and financial market trends to forecast risk and opportunity for the business
- Perform financial analysis, including ROI calculations and investment modeling, to support informed decision-making to maximize business profitability
- Manage a team of valuation analysts and property analysts
What you Bring
- A minimum of 5 plus years of experience in real estate acquisitions, property valuations, finance or real estate operations.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- A natural bend to cross-functional collaboration.
- Proficiency in financial analysis and valuation techniques.
- In-depth knowledge and innate interest in real estate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to evolving market trends and opportunities.
- Scrappy, humble attitude
Benefits and Perks
- Medical (Anthem or Kaiser), Dental & Vision (MetLife)
- Long-Term Disability & Short-Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity Insurance (Aflac)
- 401k (Guideline), Life Insurance (MetLife) & Pet Insurance (Nationwide)
- Commuter benefits are offered in certain locations
- PTO, including Volunteer Days to give back to your community
- Annual Anniversary Perks, including professional development and sabbaticals!
- HomeLight Services to help you with buying and selling your home
HomeLight is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request and any accommodation will be addressed confidentially.