Director, Travel Experience
The Navan Global Operations and Service (GOpS) Team is seeking a Director to join our growing and ever-evolving team. This person will work at the intersection of business, technology and innovation; they will lead a large team and work closely with the senior leadership within GOps and across Navan to drive strategic, operational, and organizational improvements, such as:
- Global Operations and Service strategy, defining and implementing efficient processes and change
- Providing insight to the broader org on where we can create a better user experience by being the voice of the customer, across service as well as product and account management.
- Being the critical interface for product feedback and provide input towards the right priorities for our R&D teams (product, engineering)
- New business customer implementation and transition management.
- Establish a world-class agent and customer experience
- Manage, hire, coach, train a large team of Senior Managers, Managers, and Agents
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Travel Experience, this leader thrives in a high-growth environment and easily adjusts to rapid changes in people, processes, and product. You are an inspiring leader who is passionate about world-class customer experience, innovation and team success in addition to being very analytical, structured, and detail-oriented with a sharp focus on building scalable operations within complex cross-functional environments.
What You'll Do:
- Be the site leader for Sydney as the most senior person there; you’ll communicate relevant global business updates, context, and feedback to and from the Sydney team.
- Collaborate closely with functional & site leaders globally to ensure service delivery and processes are aligned with business objectives.
- Lead and motivate the GOpS team focused on delivering an elevated experience for our customers globally, along with developing measurable talent strategies and programs in consideration of business goals.
- Inspire, build and coach a dedicated, high caliber team, being an example of trust and accountability yourself.
- Identity and build business cases and implement process improvements supported by data-driven insights. By utilising insights and analysis on this experience, you will drive efficiencies and optimisations that better support our global customers in new and innovative ways.
- Own the data, metrics and service model related to anything tied into the support of our customers.
- Be an effective and proven partner to both broader support leadership and cross-functional partnerships in setting objectives driving execution and elevating traveler experience.
- Challenge the status quo and make recommendations on how to advance the team further.
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years of senior management experience in strategic planning and prioritization, program management and customer service in a fast-paced, rapidly changing operations environment
- 5+ years in of leadership experience leading a service organization in a complex, matrixed environment
- A track record of success in nurturing and driving high-performing, ambitious teams through measurable results and deliverables
- Ability to easily create and build relationships across varied teams, in varied locations and time zones, both internally and externally, whilst challenging the status quo
- Be a great partner. Mentor and foster a collaborative team environment across a wide cross section of internal and external partners
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills– ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate into simple messages for leadership, peers, customers and global teams
- Travel industry background
- Creative, solutions-driven person who acts independently whilst keeping your team(s) aligned
- Prioritization legend, understand when and how to say no, or later
- Demonstrated program and project management skills where project roadmaps, scopes and tough timelines are a core strength